Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Aluminum Group

I haven't listened to or thought about the Aluminum Group in ages, but this weekend we went to the Kate Spade store, and while there the song Chocolates came on, and it brought back memories.

When Plano came out I instantly loved it, it reminded me of an American Belle & Sebastian, plus the band was named after Eames furniture. They were doing the sort of lushly arranged chamber pop that was popular in late-90s indie, but tinged with many of the elements of the Chicago scene of that era, and they did it really well. I sought out a copy of their first record, Wonder Boy, and really loved the direction they took when Pedals came out, but sort of lost interest after that -- Pelo and Happiness were serious shifts away from what had originally appealed to me.

Anyway, hearing that song brought back memories, and a brief search found that they haven't really survived into the blog age -- they don't even have a Wikipedia page! So here's the song that reminded me of how great the Aluminum Group was:



1 comment: